Well, I was nominated by Julia the Writer Girl, one of my best online writing friends, for a blogging thing called the Liebster Award Tag. The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Give those bloggers 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated.
1. Favorite fictional food?
You asked the right question for me! I love food and books and their intersection is the best thing. Of course, I can't choose just one. Butterbeer, of course, is great. I've always kind of wanted to taste lembas, too. I guess I'd have to go with the fictional food that I made up in fifth grade, because it's just so ridiculous- Esizza. Short for Esikralmino pizza, and don't ask what "Esikralmino" means because it's a long story. It's pizza, but instead of cheese, there's purple pop rocks. Why? I don't know.
2. Favorite ship? (As in, like, I-am-a-fan-of-this-bromance kind of ship. Not the Titanic.)
I have tons of ships I love, but I managed to narrow it down to just two- Ron and Hermione, and Ben and Leslie from Parks and Rec. I am currently restraining myself to roll out the list of the rest of my ships, but rest assured there are a lot.
3. What would your superhero name and power(s) be?
Superhero that I'd want to be: Peace Girl, who could speak everyone's language and read minds and hearts to spread peace and understanding throughout the world. Superhero I'd actually be: Speed Reader, who can learn just enough from skimming the assigned reading to BS her way through class.
4. You're stranded on a desert island with the book character of your choice. Who is it and why?
Percy Jackson, obviously. I always choose the sort of person who could get me off the island. Plus, Percy's been through so much crap in his life that he'd be super cheerful (albeit delightfully snarky) about the whole ordeal. And I'd love to meet Percy anyway. :)
5. If you had to defeat one fictional antagonist, who would you choose?
Umbridge. Umbridge is the worst and it would be great to defeat her. (Plus, I feel like she's never even really defeated in the books. She just keeps showing up. I feel like Harry shows up to work one day and finds out Umbridge is his boss now because no one cares about getting rid of her.)
6. What do you want to do when you grow up?/Do you know what you want to do?
What do I want to do? Be a full-time novelist and advocate for educational reform. What do I realistically aspire to do? Ha ha I have no idea.
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you choose?
I can't choose. I have no idea. I'd have to research every place on the planet Earth thoroughly and then spend like months agonizing over picking my favorite. But if I had to choose very quickly, it'd probably be Alaska, Greenland, and Finland (can I choose three) so that I could do research for my book, which has scenes in all those places. Or, you know, Italy for pretty landscapes and art.
8. Would you rather find yourself in a cliche YA love triangle or have no romantic interest at all?
Cliche YA love triangles tend to have abusive boys, at least one death, and toxic jealousy. I'll stick with my current situation of "no romantic interest at all."
9. Do you find you write about one season or region more than others?
I love all the seasons equally, and I'm actually writing a series that has one book dedicated to each of the seasons, so no for the seasons question. As for region, I guess the United States because that's where I live.
10. Do you like to write in public or when you're alone?
It depends on my mood. Although I think I enjoy having other people around to create an atmosphere of a bustling busy background. Not sure why. I think it's because when I'm alone, my mind starts racing a thousand places, and when I'm surrounded by people, that racing part of my mind feels like the atmosphere is busy enough already, so I can instead focus on my writing.
11. If you could live in any fantasy world (ie, Hogwarts, Narnia, Middle-Earth, etc.), which would you choose and why?
Uh, Hogwarts, obviously. That's not even a question.
So, yeah. Part 2 is nominating other bloggers. The only other bloggers I know are bloggers Julia already nominated. (Thanks a lot.) So... let me think... uh... um...
I guess I'm going to break the chain of this tag by nominating no one! It had to end eventually, I suppose. This was fun anyway. :) Thanks for nominating me!
Thanks for reading this extra post, everyone! See you on Saturday.